Learn how to make the best dehydrated Zucchini Chips with a vegan cheesy garlic seasoning in this easy dehydrator recipe.
Everyone in our house is a huge fan of kale chips. It’s so easy to toss some kale into the dehydrator and then a few hours later, we have a delicious, healthy treat. We go through so many snacks, that I love having healthy options on hand.
In an effort to expand the number of veggies the girls eat and reduce the number of packaged snacks we buy, I have started experimenting with dehydrating other veggies. The first one we tried was zucchini.
I wasn’t sure how the zucchini chips would turn out, but they were a huge hit! I couldn’t walk through the kitchen without grabbing a few to snack on. I made sure I saved some zucchini chips for Brian to try when he got home and he liked them too.
I used small zucchini because that’s what I could get at the grocery store, but you could use any size zucchini. You’ll just have to adjust the dehydrating time accordingly.
Dehydrated Zucchini Chips Recipe
- Slice the zucchini into thin rounds. The thinner you make them, the faster they will dehydrate and the crispier they will be when finished.
- Combine the nutritional yeast, sea salt and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Put the zucchini slices into a mixing bowl and sprinkle the spice mixture over it, making sure the zucchini is evenly coated.
- Place the seasoned zucchini in a single layer in your dehydrator.
- Turn the dehydrator onto 135° F and allow to dry for approximately 6 hours. The time needed will vary depending upon how thin your slices are and how large your zucchini were.
- These are a great treat to use in place of potato or corn chips, and a great way to get more veggies into your family’s diet!