Learn how to make scented wax tarts with natural ingredients in this easy DIY natural wax melts recipe. These handmade coconut oil melts are edible too!
I typically use an essential oil diffuser to scent our home, but wax warmers just seem so cozy this time of year! While I love tealight oil warmers, you can let electric wax warmers run all day without risk of fire.
Unfortunately, commercial wax cubes aren’t always made with the cleanest ingredients. If you’re just discovering this fact and you use a wax warmer, you may find yourself worried about your family. Fortunately, there is a completely safe and even edible option for you to keep using a wax warmer.
All you have to do is make up a batch or two of these all natural edible wax warmer cubes with coconut oil. They’re super easy to make and you can scent them however you like using essential oils or natural flavoring oils.
I love this option because if your little ones happen to get their hands on them and eat them, it’s totally safe! All they’ll get is a serving of coconut oil and natural flavorings.
How to Make Coconut Oil Melts for Wax Warmers
- Wax melt tray (you can buy new ones or cut the top off a used one)
- Add the coconut oil to a double boiler and heat until melted. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite food extract or candy flavoring oil into coconut oil (or alternatively use can use 20-30 drops of essential oils).
- Pour into your wax melt mold.
- Place the mold in the freezer until it's solid and firm, then remove from freezer and pop your coconut oil melts out of the mold.
- Store your wax melt cubes in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you're ready to use them.