I like to have a nice essential oil balm I can rub on my muscles after exercise, after a shower or before bed.
The great thing about using a balm instead of just the diluted essential oil itself is that is stays put on the area much longer so you don’t have to reapply it so often.
I use a combination of frankincense with a trio of mint oils in this muscle rub. I just love how frankincense and mint smell together and they feel really nice too.
How to Make a Muscle Rub
- Add the beeswax, coconut oil and sweet almond oil your double boiler on medium heat, and stir frequently until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in the essential oils. Each one of these oils is a thin consistency, so go slowly when adding your drops! Now stir the mix all together and you are ready to pour.
- Fill your containers to just below the rim and leave off the lids for now.
- Let the balms cool at room temperature until they are fully cooled off and solidified. Feel the bottom center of the containers after about 30 to 45 minutes to test them. Once they are totally cooled off, you can put the lids on. Do not put the lids on before it's cool or you'll end up with condensation.
How To Use Balm
- Take a pea-sized amount of your balm and rub into area that is sore or uncomfortable.
- Reapply as needed.