You need an exceptional anti-cellulite cream if you want to address these bumpy fat deposits naturally. My DIY Cellulite Cream is easy to make and works great at reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Cellulite is something that many women deal with, starting as early as adolescence. While not a health concern, this cottage-cheese appearing adipose tissue can be a cause of embarrassment.
Fortunately, it’s easy to make a good DIY cellulite cream that can help improve the appearance of dimpled skin. My effective recipe uses simple ingredients like coconut oil and grapefruit essential oil to deliver great results.
With just a little time and effort, you’ll have a wonderful cream for minimizing the look of cellulite for a fraction of the cost of store bought beauty products.
- Supplies and Tools
- By the Numbers: How to Make Cellulite Cream
- Tips for Making & Using DIY Cellulite Cream
- DIY Cellulite Cream
- Popular DIY Beauty Recipes
Supplies and Tools
- 2 tablespoons of witch hazel
- 10 drops of of lemon essential oil
- 30 drops grapefruit essential oil
- ¾ cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- Small mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Double boiler
- 4 ounce glass jar
By the Numbers: How to Make Cellulite Cream
Follow these simple steps to learn how to make your own homemade cellulite cream to reduce skin’s dimpled appearance.
Step 1: Combine Witch Hazel and Essential Oils.
The first thing you want to do is add 2 tablespoons of witch hazel, 10 drops of lemon essential oil and 30 drops of grapefruit essential oil to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Step 2: Melt Coconut Oil and Beeswax.
Next, add ¾ cup of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil and 2 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles to a double boiler over medium heat, stirring frequently until completely melted and well combined.
Step 3: Mix Everything Together in Jar.
Pour the coconut oil and beeswax mixture along with the witch hazel and essential oil mixture into a small glass jar, then stir to combine.
Step 4: Cellulite Cream is Ready to Use.
Once the cream is completely cooled, place the lid on your mason jar and store it in a cool, dry place.
Tips for Making & Using DIY Cellulite Cream
Answers to your questions about how to combat cellulite with this homemade anti-cellulite cream, including tips and substitution ideas.
1. How to use cellulite cream?
Take a small amount of the body cream onto your fingers and rub it into the surface of the skin in affected areas, using circular motions, after each bath or shower.
2. Is this homemade cream effective?
Any home DIY cellulite remedies that claim they can completely get rid of the fat cells that make up cellulite aren’t telling you the whole truth. What these creams do is make it so these problem areas are not so visible rather than actually eliminate it.
In addition, most store bought anti-cellulite creams contain chemical ingredients that can be harsh on sensitive skin, so know what you’re using before you choose it. Each of the ingredients in my easy recipe were chosen for their natural ability to moisturize and tighten skin, which can improve the overall appearance of skin.
3. Why witch hazel?
Witch hazel is used thanks to its ability to help tighten skin, which can help to reduce how much you can actually see the cellulite. Witch hazel has a lot of uses in homemade beauty products, so it’s one ingredient you should have in your stash.
4. Why grapefruit oil?
This recipe uses both lemon and grapefruit essential oils because they smell amazing together and they’re known for helping brighten skin. When you brighten your skin, it can help to ensure a more even skin tone, which can also help hide cellulite.
In my opinion, the best essential oils to use are from Rocky Mountain Oils. They are super high quality and they provide all of the batch testing reports so you know they’re pure.
You don’t need any kind of a membership to order from them like you do with some brands. However, they do offer a loyalty rewards program (that’s totally worth it) if you set up an account.
By the way, I created a whole guide about using essential oils to customize homemade beauty products. You can get it for free via email.
5. Does coconut oil help cellulite?
While coconut oil itself isn’t going to do away with cellulite, it can help with the appearance thanks to its moisturizing qualities. That said, you can replace the coconut oil with any carrier oil of your choosing, such as olive oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil or grapeseed oil.
Learn about the different carrier oils before choosing one besides coconut oil because they all have slightly different beneficial properties.
6. Why beeswax?
Beeswax is typically used in homemade beauty products to give them a more solid consistency, to make them less oily and to help skin retain moisture. I like to buy my beeswax from Mountain Rose Herbs, along with a lot of my other DIY beauty product ingredients like carrier oils.
7. Can this recipe be made without a double boiler?
If you don’t have a double boiler, you can heat the beeswax and coconut oil in a small pan, but be very careful the ingredients don’t scorch. You can also fit a bowl into the top of a pan of water to create a makeshift double boiler, but double boiler inserts are really affordable.
You can use them in almost any pan too, and if you plan to make a lot of DIY beauty products, you’ll want to have one in the long run. Mountain Rose Herbs has a simple double boiler insert that’s great to start with if you need one.
8. Can it be whipped?
If you prefer a whipped body butter texture, you can put your DIY Cellulite Cream in a bowl and whip it up with a hand mixer or toss it in the bowl of your stand mixer. Whipping it will lead to a greater volume of cream, so you may need more jars.
9. More ideas for improving skin’s appearance?
If you want to improve the appearance of your skin even further, there are a few things you can do.
- Using a good coffee body scrub in the shower on a regular basis will help with blood flow and it will also help ensure you have smooth skin.
- You can also try homemade skin care products that help address uneven skin tone like my brightening scrub and pumpkin face mask (you can use a face mask on any part of your skin that needs those benefits).
- When you’re not using this cellulite remedy, use good body butters like my DIY Citrus Body Butter to keep skin nourished.
- Add dry brushing to your personal care routine.
And, of course, you should always eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water so you stay well hydrated. Skin needs good hydration to look its best.
DIY Cellulite Cream
- Small mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Double Boiler
- 4 ounce glass jar
- In a small bowl, mix witch hazel and essential oils until well combined.
- Add the coconut oil, vitamin E oil and beeswax to a double boiler over medium heat, stirring frequently until completely melted and well combined.
- Pour the coconut oil and beeswax mixture into a small glass jar. Add the witch hazel and essential oils mixture to the glass jar, then stir to combine.
- Once cooled, seal the jar and store your DIY cellulite cream in a cool, dry place.