Make your own DIY bath bombs to wash away body and head tension in this easy step by step DIY beauty tutorial.
At the end of the day, there’s nothing better than taking a nice dip into a warm, relaxing bath. So I put together this recipe for bath bombs that soothe tension.
The scent combination of lavender oil and peppermint oil is both relaxing and invigorating. Together, they’re the perfect combo for tired muscles and minds.
It’s super easy to make your own bath bombs. If you’re short on time, you can also buy pre-made soothing bath bombs.
DIY Bath Bombs for Soothing Tension
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup Epsom Salts
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 3 teaspoons witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon green mica powder
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Bath bomb molds
- Large mixing bowl
- Small glass spray bottle with water
- Put all of your dry ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix until well combined, being careful to make sure no clumps remain.
- Pour the almond oil, essential oils and witch hazel into a small glass mixing bowl, then whisk until combined. Gently, pour the liquid mixture into the larger bowl with the dry ingredients.
- The mixture will start fizzing as soon as the liquid touches the dry ingredients.
- Mix with a fork (or your hands) until everything looks like it’s well combined and somewhat moist.
- Prepare your bath bomb molds and use a spoon to fill the molds halfway. Using a silicone spatula, press the mixture into the molds firmly.
- Spray each mold with a small bit of water (one spray) and press down again to make sure they're firm. Using too much water will cause the bombs to lose their fizz (and start growing out of control). If you don't press down firmly enough, the bath bombs will not hold together.
- Divide the remaining mixture into the molds and again press down firmly. Spray the top with water and press down again.
- Close the molds, and allow them to sit on the counter for twenty four hours to set before removing from molds.