Salves are easier to make than they may seem and the base ingredients help keep the essential oils from evaporating so quickly, so they linger longer.
This DIY Women’s Monthly Salve uses 6 different essential oils that have a wonderful scent for the time of the month when you need extra comfort. You can also use the Feminine-Aid blend instead of individual oils.
DIY Women’s Monthly Salve
- Add the beeswax, coconut oil and sweet almond oil to your double boiler over medium heat. Stir until melted and clear. Remove from heat and allow it to cool slightly, but don't allow it to start hardening.
- Add in your essential oils. A few of these are thin in consistency and the drops will start to come out fast if you tip them too far, so just take it slowly as you count them out. Once the oils are all added, give it a good stir to mix them in thoroughly.
- Pour the salve into the containers. Take it slow as your pour, much like you did with the oil drops and if it happens to begin to set up fast, you can put it back over the heat to loosen it back up, but likely it won’t unless you stop in the middle.
- You will need to leave the lids off and let the balms sit out at room temperature until they are fully cooled off. It took close to an hour for mine, but it can vary depending on the type of container you use.
- Once the bottom of the container is no longer warm, it is good to go and you can put on your lids. Add a cute label if you’d like, and they are all set to use.