Do you want to learn how to make natural solid lotion bars for dry skin? You’ll love our easy-to-follow DIY Lemon Basil Solid Lotion Bar recipe!
There are some scent combinations that work so well together. One of those combinations, for me, is Lemon and Basil. It’s uplifting, cleansing and refreshing all at the same time.
So I decided to try the scent combination in a solid lotion bars recipe this time. It came out really nice and has me very eager for spring!
These DIY solid lotion bars have a very uplifting and cleansing fragrance that pairs nicely with the moisturizing qualities they offer for dry skin. These homemade lotion bars are great to have on hand year round, and they make great gifts too!
If you love making your own DIY beauty products, then you’ll love these lemon basil solid lotion bars. They’re also a simple project to start with if you’re new to homemade beauty recipes!
If you want to make solid lotion bars in a different scent, then be sure to grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products. Enjoy!
DIY Lemon Basil Solid Lotion Bars
Ingredients and Supplies
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup shea butter
- ½ cup beeswax pastilles
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon dried lemon peel
- 15 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 15 drops basil essential oil
- Double Boiler
- Add the coconut oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, shea butter and beeswax pastilles to your double boiler, then heat over medium until all of the ingredients are melted.
- When everything is completely melted, carefully remove the pan from heat and stir to ensure everything is well combined.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding the essential oils so they don’t burn off.
- Next, add the herbs to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Once everything is well combined, quickly pour into your silicone mold.
- Allow the lotion bars to sit for an hour or until they are completely cooled before removing from the mold.
- Store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use them.
What other scents do you like to add to solid lotion bars?
Pin the solid lotion bars to your DIY Beauty board