Learn how to make solid lotion bars for dry skin in an easy DIY beauty tutorial. This Lemon Basil Solid Lotion Bar recipe uses dried herbs & essential oils.
There are some scent combinations that work so well together. One of those combinations, for me, is Lemon and Basil. It’s uplifting, cleansing and refreshing all at the same time.
So I decided to try the scent combination in a solid lotion bars recipe this time. It came out really nice and has me very eager for spring!
These DIY solid lotion bars have a very uplifting and cleansing fragrance that pairs nicely with the moisturizing qualities they offer for dry skin. These homemade lotion bars are great to have on hand year round, and they make great gifts too!
Want a different scent? Be sure to grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products. Enjoy!
DIY Lemon Basil Solid Lotion Bars
- Double Boiler
- Add the coconut oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, shea butter and beeswax pastilles to your double boiler, then heat over medium until all of the ingredients are melted.If you don't have a double boiler, you can use a glass bowl or measuring cup that fits inside a pan filled with water.
- When everything is completely melted, carefully remove the pan from heat and stir to ensure everything is well combined. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding the essential oils so they don’t burn off.
- Next, add the herbs to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Once everything is well combined, quickly pour into your silicone mold.
- Allow the lotion bars to sit for an hour or until they are completely cooled before removing from the mold. Store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use them.