Last Updated on
Making homemade soap bars with melt and pour soap base is a super easy DIY beauty project to start with. And this natural honey lemon scent is absolutely delicious!
Formal soap making (with lye and all of that) is something that intimidates most people – me included.
I’ve never actually made soap from scratch. It’s something I’d like to try someday, and it’s something I’d like to learn under the supervision of someone with a lot of experience. Because, well, safety is important to me.
That said, you can make your own homemade soap bars without getting all crazy with lye in the kitchen. Melt and pour soap bases make soap making accessible to everyone – even super newbies. I have made so many different DIY beauty recipes using melt and pour soaps!
These are some of my DIY beauty recipes that use melt and pour soap:
- Lavender Bud Soap
- Uplifting Charcoal Soap
- Matcha Green Tea Shea Butter Soap
- Sinus Relief Soap
- Glitter Soap Gems
- Cherry Limeade Sugar Scrub Bars
- Lots More
You can buy it at most craft stores and on Amazon.com, and it’s pretty affordable. I always have a couple pounds in my DIY cabinet so I can make a new creation on a whim.
Summer has been making me think of citrus, so today I’m sharing a Honey Lemon Soap Bars recipe with you. You can find most of the ingredients in your pantry, except for the soap of course.
It has a really nice, uplifting and nourishing scent to it. These homemade soap bars also make a great gift – if you can bear to part with them 🙂
Homemade Honey Lemon Melt & Pour Soap Bars
After you try your hand at this melt and pour soap bars tutorial, please come back and leave a review!
Easy Honey Lemon Melt and Pour Soap Bars
- Once you've zested the lemon, sprinkle the zest into the bottom of the soap mold.
- Chop the glycerin melt and pour soap into cubes, then melt them in a double boiler.
- Once the soap base is melted, combine the honey and essential oils until everything is well combined.
- Immediately pour the honey lemon soap mixture into your soap molds over the lemon zest. Allow the soap bars to cool for at least an hour until they are completely cool and hardened.
- Gently pop each honey lemon soap bar out of its mold.
As you can see, it’s so easy to make melt and pour soap bars! I hope you enjoyed this DIY beauty recipe. Be sure to check out more of my homemade beauty tutorials below.