Are you looking for a homemade body scrub that will detox and revitalize your skin? Our DIY Charcoal Coffee Scrub will leave your skin feeling fresh, smooth and clean.
Coffee scrubs are a great alternative to the more commonly used sugar scrubs and they work just as effectively to exfoliate your skin and moisturize like a sugar scrub would, but they also have two added bonuses.
- It smells like coffee.
- It helps to break down cellulite.
This coffee scrub is different entirely from most coffee scrubs because it also contains activated charcoal, which great for pulling toxins from the skin and very good for your skin’s overall health.
I’ve also added two great essential oils included for a couple of reasons:
- Geranium oil is wonderful for the skin and it helps to soothe, calm and heal it.
- Lime oil is a cellulite buster and very cleansing and uplifting.
These two essential oils make for a great combination, and they don’t take away from the uplifting coffee aroma either.
If you want to try other essential oil combinations, grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products for some ideas.
This Charcoal Coffee Scrub is an easy DIY to make and you don’t need a lot at once. So just find a cute, small upcycled jar and a few natural ingredients and whip some up for yourself. You can even make a few for your girlfriends as gifts!
Homemade Charcoal Coffee Scrub Tutorial
Homemade Charcoal Coffee Scrub
- Add your coffee grounds to a good-sized measuring cup or mixing bowl. Only use dry coffee grounds. Wet or used coffee grounds will mold, even if you dry them out in the oven before you use them.
- Next, add in your coconut oil and essential oils. If the coconut oil is too hard, place the jar in a a bowl of hot water for several minutes to soften it (you don't want it too hot or it'll cook the coffee).
- Mix the coffee grounds and coconut oil using a whisk or rubber spatula until well combined.
- Next, measure out your activated charcoal over the container (it can get messy!) and add it to the coffee scrub mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer your charcoal coffee scrub to a glass jar for storage using a spoon - it's a lot less messy than trying to pour it in.
- Place the lid on the jar and add a ribbon and label if you're planning to give the charcoal coffee scrub as a gift.
- Moisten your skin if you’re not in the shower or bath.
- Take a small amount of your charcoal coffee scrub in a your fingers and rub it into the area where you’d like to exfoliate or work on the cellulite. Just keep working it in, along with the water on your skin until the coffee breaks down.
- You will have the charcoal stain on your skin for a few minutes, so just work at it with your hands or a wet washcloth and add a little soap if you need to in order to get it all rinsed off your skin.