Lavender is one of the best scents for DIY beauty recipes. Learn how to make easy this Homemade Lotion Bar recipe with a few natural ingredients to moisturize dry skin.
Lavender is one of my all time favorite scents. It is so relaxing and calming – and it’s cleansing at the same time. It’s wonderful.
That’s why it’s one of the essential oils I reach for often when I’m making homemade beauty products. It’s so versatile and you can pair it with so many other scents for fun combinations as well.
If you want to learn more about that, be sure to grab my free guide to choosing the right essential oils for your homemade beauty products.
These homemade lotion bars really work wonders on my dry skin, not to mention the scent makes me feel so relaxed. Life is busy and lavender makes it better.
One DIY lotion bar lasts me quite a while, so I like to gift them to friends since this recipe makes 6-12 bars, depending upon the size of the silicone mold you choose.
Homemade lotion bars are great handmade gifts for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, birthdays and more. You can place them in organza bags, mason jars or any other nice gift wrap. I can tell you – they will be appreciated!
How to Make Lotion Bars with Lavender
- Mixing bowl
- Heart shaped silicone mold
- Sprinkle your dried lavender buds into each of the heart-shaped molds (or any silicone mold you choose). Set aside.
- Place your coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax into a double boiler over medium heat, stirring frequently until the oil, butter and wax are completely melted. You can also place a glass bowl into a pan of water and if you don't have a double boiler. This keeps the ingredients from scorching.
- Once everything is melted, remove the pan from the heat, allow it to cool just slightly (don't let it harden), then add the essential oil drops and vitamin E. Stir until well combined.
- Quickly pour the melted mixture into your mold, being sure to fill each cavity all the way to the top so you have an evenly shaped lotion bar.
- Allow your homemade lotion bars to cool and harden at room temperature for about 4 hours or you can place them in the fridge and chill them for about 2 hours. Once they are completely cooled, remove the homemade lotion bars from the mold and transfer them to an airtight glass jar or other storage container.