If you deal with dry or sensitive skin, this all natural DIY Frankincense Whipped Face Cream is nourishing and can help improve the appearance of aging skin.
This DIY Frankincense Whipped Face Cream is definitely one of the more complex recipes I make. That’s because when you make a whipped cream in a blender, it works best if you have a higher volume of ingredients.
Since this is a smaller batch, it can be a bit finicky if the pitcher of your blender is large. You can double the batch if that’s the case, but you’ll end up with a boatload of face cream!
Fortunately, you can also use it as hand cream, foot cream, body butter or gift it to a friend, so it won’t go to waste. Do keep in mind that this recipe does have aloe in it, so the shelf life is much shorter than with sugar scrubs, for example, that don’t have water-based ingredients.
You can try using leucidal liquid to extend the shelf life. I like this natural preservative because it blends in well. I haven’t tried it with this recipe yet, so check with the manufacturer for measurements.
If you’re not up for the DIY, check out this amazing Frankincense Face & Eye Cream you can buy.
DIY Frankincense Whipped Face Cream
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Glass storage jar
- Add the coconut oil, jojoba oil and beeswax to your double boiler and heat over low just until it’s melted, stirring frequently until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the blender and allow it to cool completely. It will harden – it's supposed to.
- After it’s cool and hardened, use a fork to break up the mixture inside the blender and stir in about 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Next, blend the mixture on high for about 30 seconds. Stir and blend in a little bit of aloe vera gel at a time. Don’t add it all at once or it won’t combine. It will take several minutes to get the aloe to blend smoothly. You’ll know it’s working when it starts to look like a thick lotion.
- When it takes a lotion form, add the essential oils and continue to mix until they’re incorporated. Blend until you have the texture you want.