Are you looking for a simple way to exfoliate and moisturize skin? Learn how to make the best DIY Honey & Brown Sugar Face Scrub in this easy DIY beauty recipe.
Detoxifying masks. Nourishing masks. Brightening masks. They all have a time and place, but I love this Honey and Brown Sugar Face Scrub that doubles as a mask because it combines two of my skin’s needs – exfoliation and nourishment.
The recipe is very easy to make, and it uses some great, all-natural ingredients you can feel good about. The brown sugar exfoliates your skin while the honey, coconut oil and essential oils moisturize it.
Next time you’re able to steal a few moments for yourself, give this DIY Honey & Brown Sugar Face Mask a try! Your face will feel very soft from the sugar and well-nourished from the oils!
DIY Honey & Brown Sugar Face Scrub
- Half pint mason jar
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
How to Make the Face Scrub
- Add your softened coconut oil and brown sugar to a mixing bowl or glass measuring cup. Whisk them really well to break up any lumps in the sugar.
- Next, add your honey. This is where it may get a little sticky as the honey and brown sugar tend to want to stay together. Just keep whisking it until it’s well combined.
- Once you feel like you’ve gotten all of the lumps out, add in your essential oils.
- Whisk everything together. If the coconut oil hardens too much and causes clumps, just put the glass measuring cup into a bowl of hot water, and mix well before adding your exfoliating brown sugar and honey facial mask to your squat mason jar.
- The mask will thicken and set up nicely once it sits in the jar, so don’t panic that it seems too runny. It won’t stay that way. When you add it to the jar, you will notice the layers are a bit separated, but that’s normal and it will improve as it thickens.
How To Use Your Exfoliating Face Scrub
- Remove the lid and stir well before using. Moisten your face and blot with a cloth, then apply the exfoliating brown sugar and honey facial scrub to your face and neck. Keep on for 15- 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.