There are many benefits of using charcoal in homemade beauty products. Learn how to make the best DIY activated charcoal face mask with natural ingredients.
Activated charcoal is a trend that has been going strong for a while now, and for great reasons. It is an amazing ingredient that works well to cleanse skin.
The particular ingredients combined together in this mask reduces the appearance of pores and moisturizes your skin, making it a great weekly home beauty product that will have your skin looking beautiful.
DIY Activated Charcoal Face Mask
- 2 teaspoons Matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon activated charcoal powder
- ½ teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon bentonite clay
- 5 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Filtered water
- Mixing bowl
- Combine all ingredients except water in a small dish, be sure that everything is well combined. If you want to make a larger batch you can easily double or quadruple the ingredients and leave in jar, saving the next step for when you are ready to make a single mask.
- Add 2 teaspoons of filtered water to your powder mixture and stir, continue adding water a ½ teaspoon at a time until the powder is a creamy loose mixture, but not too loose or it will run off your face. The consistency should be like wet toothpaste. Hot water will help dissolve it all quickly and will cool by the time it is ready to go on your face.
- Spread all over a damp face – I even go down my neck. I like to use a wide paintbrush to apply it with (the kind you might use on a canvas not a wall).
- Allow it to dry well, or about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat skin dry.
- After your mask is removed your face will likely be bright pink and your skin will feel tight – so be sure to follow up with a moisturizing homemade face cream.