Learn how to make DIY soy wax candles in this easy tutorial. Making affordable homemade candles in mason jars is fun and you can scent them with essential oils.
I love burning candles. And candle making is a whole lot of fun too.
When I’m making candles, my first choice for wax is beeswax. It burns slow and clean and the scent of homemade beeswax candles lingers so nicely.
It melts quick and easy, and works well for candles too. If you get a big bag of soy wax flakes, you can use them on both projects.
While I chose orange and lemon essential oils for these soy candles, you can choose any of your favorite essential oils scents for this project.
How to Make Soy Wax Candles with Essential Oils
- 2 cups soy wax flakes
- 3 drops orange essential oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Candle wicks
- Candle pouring pitcher
- Small glass jars
- Add soy wax flakes to candle making pitcher (a double boiler works too) and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and smooth. Add 2-3 drops of each essential oil to the melted wax and stir until well combined.
- Dip the bottom of your candle wick into your melted wax and press it into the bottom center of your Mason jar.
- Very carefully pour the melted soy wax into the Mason jar, filling it approximately 3/4 full. Repeat until you've used all of your melted candle wax.
- Place your homemade soy candle the fridge for a couple of hours so the wax can harden. Trim your wick and display your homemade soy candle in your home.