Get brighter, tighter skin with this DIY Pumpkin Face Mask recipe. This simple homemade face mask has many benefits your skin will appreciate this fall.
This Pumpkin Face Mask is wonderful for skin! If you haven’t used pumpkin on your skin before, it’s full of alpha hydroxy acids and fruit enzymes. These components help to smooth and brighten skin.
Cinnamon is really great for acne and tightening up the appearance of pores. It also helps give skin a plumper, more supple appearance.
If you have sensitive skin, use this Pumpkin Face Mask with caution. It can cause burning in some people with especially sensitive skin as these natural ingredients are powerful.
DIY Pumpkin Face Mask
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Using a coffee grinder, grind the oats until they turn into a powder (this will make a little over ¼ cup).
- Combine pumpkin and ¼ cup of the oat powder you made (you may have some left over), and stir until well combined.
- Add the ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the honey and stir until it forms a paste.
- If the mask is too thick, you may add a little more honey, or a few drops of water to thin it out, mixing thoroughly after adding.
- Apply the pumpkin face mask to clean face with fingers or a brush, being sure to avoid your eyes, nostrils and mouth.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes. Start with a shorter duration if you have sensitive skin.
Wipe off with a warm, damp washcloth.
- Rinse face.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer. (try my DIY Face Cream or DIY Basil Face Cream).
- If you would like to save any remaining face mask, store it in the refrigerator in a sealed glass container and use it within 24 hours.