Jump to Directions
Learn how to make and use the best homemade beard balm with essential oils in this easy DIY personal care recipe for men.
If the man in your life – whether that’s your husband, father, grandfather, son, uncle or anyone else – currently rocks a beard, then he’ll love receiving a jar of homemade beard balm as a gift.
Beard balm can make a beard much less unruly, much sleeker and more moisturized. Plus it’s super easy to make!
If you regularly make homemade beauty products, then you’ll likely have all of the ingredients you need to make our beard balm recipe on hand – there are only 5 total!
Easy DIY Beard Balm Recipe
This easy DIY beard balm recipe comes together in minutes and it always impresses!Print (no photos)
Makes: 1 Jar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 20 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 20 drops Pine essential oil
- 12 ounce glass jar
- Place your coconut oil, beeswax pastilles and Jojoba oil in a double boiler over medium heat. Stir the mixture frequently until all of the ingredients have melted together.
- Once everything has melted, remove the pan from the heat, then immediately pour the mixture into your glass jar. After the mixture has cooled slightly (but not hardened, stir in your essential oils.
- Let the jars cool down uncovered overnight. You can also place the jars in the fridge to settle (without the lid on). Once set, it's ready to use!
To use your homemade beard balm, place a small amount in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together until the balm has melted and rub into your beard.