Learn how to make this homemade anti-aging basil face cream. It’s an easy DIY that’s full of some of the best moisturizing ingredients for dry skin!
Basil has been used for millennia in skin care products. It’s no wonder since it’s full of wonderful antioxidants, making it great for anti-aging. Use basil-infused skincare products to give your skin a fresh, young appearance.
If you’re dealing with uneven skin tone, basil is a wonderful choice. It’s also great for tightening pores. In addition, it has antiseptic properties, so it’s great for reducing acne and blackheads.
All of the great properties of basil for skin is why it’s the primary ingredient in this Anti-Aging Basil Face Cream. It’s nourishing and works well for all skin types.
And this recipe is great for vegans too because it uses emulsifying wax rather than beeswax. For a great anti-aging moisturizer using beeswax, try our Frankincense Face Cream.
Anti-Aging Basil Face Cream
- Using a food processor, combine the witch hazel and fresh basil leaves and blend well.
- Strain the now-green witch hazel into a half-pint canning jar, until you have ¼ cup of basil liquid. If you don’t have enough liquid, add a little bit of filtered or distilled water to until it reaches the ¼ cup mark.
- Add the shea butter, sweet almond oil and emulsifying wax to a double boiler. Heat until it's melted and smooth.
- Add your basil liquid mixture to the melted butter mix and slowly stir. Once it's well combined, allow it to cool and thicken.
- Once fully thickened, add 7-10 drops of rosehip oil and stir until well combined. If your skin is on the drier side, add 10 drops.