Jump to Directions
Learn how to make the most hydrating Honey Face Mask in this easy DIY beauty tutorial.
It seems that no matter how much water I drink, my skin still needs more hydration, so I like to give it a little extra love. This DIY Honey Face Mask is one way I like to nourish my skin.
This facial mask recipe is one that you can feel really good about using. It’s not only really easy to make, but it uses all natural ingredients that are good for your skin’s appearance.
It has only a few ingredients too, which is always a bonus in my opinion! You probably have most of the ingredients on hand already.
The Vitamin C serum is the one most people will need to pick up. I find that it’s a great ingredient for keeping my skin looking youthful, so I wouldn’t recommend leaving it out.
Honey and coconut oil are both hydrating and nourishing. The lemon essential oil is optional, but it has great brightening properties for skin.
This homemade face mask will leave your face feeling soft and well nourished! If you need some exfoliation along with your skin nourishment, try our Exfoliating Face Mask.
DIY Hydrating Honey Face Mask
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 12 drops vitamin C serum
- Half pint mason jar
- Mixing bowl
How to Make the Face Mask
- If your coconut oil is in a solid state, melt it over low heat, just until melted. You don’t want it to be hot.
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the mixing bowl or glass measuring cup. Whisk in the honey, then add the lemon oil drops and Vitamin C serum and stir until well combined.
- Transfer your face mask into your jar. The mask will thicken once it sits in the jar, so don’t panic if it seems too runny at first. Let it set up for a few hours if possible before using.
How to Use Your Hydrating Face Mask
- Take 2 fingers full from jar and spread all over moistened face. Repeat until your face and neck are all covered and keep on for 15- 20 minutes before rinsing.
3 thoughts on “DIY Hydrating Honey Face Mask”
I love it and all of your DIY Beauty Recipes. Thank you.
How long is it good for once it is made?
I usually look at the expiration date on my ingredients and go by the one with the shortest shelf life. Vitamin C serum usually lasts for about 3-6 months after opening, but it’s going to depend on your bottle. There are also other factors that can affect shelf life such as contaminants and water getting into the jar, sunlight and heat exposure, etc. It’s always a good idea to monitor the appearance, smell, and texture of the mask before each use and discard it if there are any signs of spoilage or degradation.