Are you looking for eco-friendly options for your Keurig coffee maker? We spent a lot of time putting together the ultimate list of compostable coffee pods and recyclable K-Cups for you!
I only drink one cup of coffee per day (occasionally 2 cups) and my husband doesn’t drink coffee every day. So, several years ago I decided a Keurig coffee maker made the most sense for our home. However, I did not want the environmental guilt of tossing disposable K-Cups in the garbage every day.
I picked up a reusable K-Cup, but couldn’t shake the fact that it was made of plastic even though it was reusable. So, several years ago, I did a ton of research on compostable coffee pods and recyclable K-Cups.
Low and behold, I only found one compostable brand on the market and a handful of recyclable brands. I’d been drinking San Francisco Bay OneCup, Organic Rainforest Blend compostable coffee pods ever since then because it was the best option I could find at the time.
I decided to do a little more research a few years later and was thrilled to find that the market has completely changed – for the better. I was astounded to find a large number of brands offering compostable coffee pods – many of them filled with organic coffee grounds.
During that research, I decided to put together a list of compostable coffee pods and recyclable K-Cups so you can find the right one for you.
For the choices that are best for the environment and your body, choose an option from the Compostable Coffee Pods with Organic Coffee Grounds list.
I broke the list down into 4 areas:
- Compostable coffee pods with organic coffee grounds
- Compostable coffee pods with non-organic coffee grounds
- Recyclable K-Cups with organic coffee grounds
- Recyclable K-Cups with non-organic coffee grounds
- Bonus: Reusable and disposable K-Cup options for ground coffee
Check out the list and let me know in the comments below if there’s a brand you love that I missed!
Compostable Coffee Pods with Organic Coffee Grounds
- San Francisco Bay OneCup, Organic Rainforest Blend (this is the coffee I drink – the price is good and you can buy in bulk)
- Boyd’s Organic Red Wagon Coffee
- Cameron’s Organic Breakfast Blend
- White Coffee Organic Single Serve Coffee
- OneCoffee Organic Single Serve Coffee
- Ethical Bean Coffee
- Wolfgang Puck Coffee, Fair Trade Colombian Organic
- The Organic Coffee Company
- Oakland Coffee Works
Compostable Coffee Pods with NON-Organic Coffee Grounds
- San Francisco Bay OneCup, Other Varieties
- Tayst Medium Roast Coffee Pods
- Glory Brew Coffee
- Kauai Coffee Garden Isle
- Joe Knows Coffee
- Faro Roasting House
Recyclable K-Cups with Organic Coffee Grounds
- AmazonFresh Organic Fair Trade K-Cups
- EKOCUPS Organic
- Super Organics Coffee with Superfoods & Probiotics
- Valhalla Java Single Serve
- Kona Bean Co.
- Equal Exchange
- Peak Performance High Altitude Organic Coffee Pods
- Organic Black Knight Coffee Pods