Tired of shelling out cash for a cold brew coffee that’s full of additives? Learn how you can make a healthy version of Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Coffee at home. Thanks to Dripo for sponsoring this post!
I love my morning cup(s) of coffee. There is something about the ritual of waking up every morning to a delicious cup of coffee. However, during the summer months I don’t cherish the heat of my cup of coffee as much as I do during the winter.
Since it has been so hot this summer, I started ordering the Starbucks Sweet Cream Cold Brew Coffee when I go in there. I love how cold brew coffee doesn’t have the same bitter acids and oils that you taste in traditional full immersion or hot brew coffees.
Instead, cold-brew coffee extracts the natural flavors and aromatics of your coffee without those bitter flavors. It makes for a much more balanced and smooth cup of coffee that’s more enjoyable.
While I keep seeing cold brew coffee pop up at the store and coffee shops, I did not know how to make it at home. So I was thrilled when I found out that I could get a small cold-brew, slow-drip coffee maker for home.
The Dripo is a Japanese style Slow-Drip coffee maker. It produces coffee that’s more aromatic and has more delicate and nuanced flavors with a lighter body. No bitter acids or oils!
I love that it comes with a built in tumbler. When you’re finished brewing your cup of coffee, the built-in tumbler can be used to store your coffee if you’re on the go. It has a spill proof and air tight lid – something this clumsy mom definitely needs! It’s made from BPA free plastic.
The Dripo system is super lightweight too at only 1.2 pounds. The downside is that you can only make 10 ounces of coffee at a time. It’s enough for one cup of iced coffee. You can keep it brewing all of the time in the fridge if you’re a heavier coffee drinker.
There are 5 simple steps to using the Dripo coffee brewer:
- Add your favorite organic ground coffee to the Dripo coffee maker.
- Insert the Coffee Section into the 20 ounce tumbler.
- Fill the top water container with ice water and assemble the unit.
- Attach the spill proof lid to the top and wait approximately 2 hours.
- Enjoy your fresh cold-brew!
The Dripo coffee maker reviews have some great tips on Amazon too, so be sure to check those out!
How to Make Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Coffee at Home
Now that I can make my own cold brew coffee at home with my Dripo brewer, I can save the $3.75 per cup I was spending at Starbucks. To make your own Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Coffee at home, follow these directions.
While it’s not imperative to use collagen powder, I find that it gives it that rich, creamy flavor that the gums and other additives you find in Starbucks’ drinks provide while giving you some additional health benefits.
This recipe for Vanilla Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer makes 8 ounces (I store it in an 8 ounce mason jar). I like to use one ounce per cup of coffee, so this recipe will sweeten 8 cups (give or take, depending upon your taste preferences). Brian likes his with a lot more of the vanilla sweet cream added.
Vanilla Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer
- Mix together the organic half and half, maple syrup and vanilla extract until the ingredients are well combined.
- Whisk in the collagen powder until it's completely dissolved.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator until you're ready to use.
- To use, pour one ounce of the vanilla sweet cream coffee creamer over your cold brew coffee.
- Enjoy your healthier Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Coffee at a fraction of the cost!