Learn how to make and use Master Tonic, also known as Fire Cider, in this easy natural home remedy.
You’re here because you’re curious about the Master Tonic, often referred to as Fire Cider, right? Then you’re in the right place!
If this is your first time hearing about the Master Tonic, it’s a natural remedy for any number of common issues. Our family has experienced great results when we need to support our immune systems.
We have given bottles to several friends and they have all had amazing results as well. This stuff is seriously powerful and amazing. You NEED to make it if you haven’t yet!
I’m going to walk you through how to make the Master Tonic, step by step, with pictures to make it easy. But first, I want to talk a little bit about the ingredients in the master tonic.
Why do Master Tonic ingredients work so well?
One of the things I love about the Master Tonic is that you can find all of the ingredients at your local grocery store. And, more than likely, you already have a few of them on hand.
So what’s in the master tonic?
Horseradish can help stimulate your immune system. It also has warming properties, so it can help open up your sinus passages.
Ginger can soothe sore throats while supporting the immune system. Most moms remember from pregnancy that it’s great for upset tummies too.
Organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar has so many amazing benefits. It’s great for digestion, detoxifying and so much more.
Ready to learn how to make the Master Tonic?
If you aren’t ready to make it and want to try it first, you can also buy pre-made Fire Cider.
How to Make Master Tonic Recipe
- 2 cups garlic - chopped
- 2 cups onion - chopped
- 2 cups fresh ginger - grated
- 2 cups fresh horseradish root - grated
- 2 cups hot peppers - (cayenne, habanero, serrano, jalapeño, etc.) chopped
- 1 gallon apple cider vinegar
- Mason jars
- Cheese grater
- Cutting Board
- Amber bottles
- Prepare all of your ingredients (chop, grate, etc.) and combine in a mixing bowl. Fill a mason jar about ¾ full with equal parts of the chopped and grated ingredients. You can use big gallon glass jars or smaller quart-sized mason jars like I used.
- Fill your jar(s) to the top with your raw apple cider vinegar. Make sure the ingredients are completely covered by the apple cider vinegar. Close the jar(s) and shake vigorously to mix everything together.Store the jar(s) in a dark place and be sure to shake them once a day for at least 2 weeks. Mine sat in the cabinet for about 2 months. (You can also place them in a paper bag on your counter.)
- Place a colander over a bowl and line the colander with cheesecloth. Place the mixture in the colander and use a plate to press the moisture out of the mixture into the bowl.
- You can wrap the cheesecloth around the remaining mixture to squeeze the rest of the moisture out of it. The pulp should be as dry as possible.
- The Fire Cider liquid should be free from pulp before pouring into bottles.
- Pour the liquid through a funnel into amber bottles (I used 8 oz bottles, but you can use any size you like). I put a secondary filter in the funnel to make sure I didn’t miss any chunks. I ended up with enough master tonic for 18, 8-oz bottles!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
How to Use the Master Tonic
Now that you have your Master Tonic made, you need to understand how to use it. First, I’m going to warn you – The Master Tonic isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s spicy and it’s potent. You’ll probably feel a sense of shock when the fire cider hits your mouth, but the benefits are worth it.
For daily immune support, drink 1-2 ounces, two or more times each day. Just put it in your mouth, swish around, gargle and swallow. Don’t dilute it with water or the effect won’t be as powerful.
If you’re fighting something, take the tonic 5-6 times per day. In most cases, it may be used during pregnancy and it’s safe for children (use smaller doses) since food is non-toxic (unless you have an allergy, of course). Please check with your doctor to confirm it’s okay for you.
You can make a huge batch each time since it doesn’t need refrigeration and it will typically last indefinitely without any special storage conditions. Or you can just also buy pre-made Fire Cider as you need it.
Disclaimer: The information included in this post is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.