Jump to Recipe
Even though the weather is warming up, sometimes it’s a treat to have a delicious frozen drink. Hot chocolate is one of our favorite drinks in the fall and winter, so naturally we love frozen hot chocolate too.
This delicious frozen treat is a spin on my famous homemade hot chocolate recipe. It uses similar ingredients, but instead of hot, it’s served frozen. My kids absolutely adore it both ways, and so do the adults in the house.
You can customize it with pretty much any topping you want. While we used chocolate curls, you can use cocoa powder, chocolate chips, crushed candy cane, chocolate syrup or your favorite topping. It can make for a fun frozen hot chocolate bar at parties!
If you’re looking for a fun and delicious frozen drink recipe to make for your family, give this frozen hot chocolate recipe a try.
How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder - we used Ghiradelli
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt - we use Real Salt
- 3 cups ice
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate curls - optional
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Add the milk, cocoa powder, sugar, sea salt and ice in a blender. Then, blend the ingredients until they're mostly smooth.
- Pour your frozen hot chocolate into glasses and top with whipped cream (homemade is best!).
- Top the whipped cream with chocolate curls, chocolate chips or a sprinkle of cocoa powder for decorative appeal if you wish. Sometimes crushed candy cane can be a fun alternative too!