This Dairy Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe was sponsored by the Hass Avocado Board as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Avocados are one of my all time favorite foods. They seriously make everything taste better!
Salads, Mexican food, smoothies, desserts – there are just so many uses for avocados, aren’t there? Did you know you can even make Dairy Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse?
Yep, you can! My older daughter, Zoë, is having difficulty digesting all dairy, so I’ve been experimenting with even more with alternatives. I love how creamy avocado makes everything! Hass avocados are my favorite because they are super creamy and flavorful.
Fortunately avocado is super healthy for you, so I can feel good about adding it to everything. Avocados contain naturally good monounsaturated fat and are cholesterol free. Naturally good fats are an important part of a healthy diet.
They’re a great way to get your daily servings of fruits and veggies up. According to a survey from Fresh Avocados – Love One Today®, 53% of consumers are currently dieting, but only 30% are eating several servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
Avocados contain less than one gram of sugar per 1-ounce, the least amount of sugar per serving of any other fresh fruit. They contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs.
Better yet, avocados act as a “nutrient booster” by helping the body to better absorb fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha- and beta-carotene and lutein, from foods that are eaten with the fruit.
All of that means you don’t have to feel guilty about eating this yummy chocolate dessert, which is loaded with yummy avocados and other healthy ingredients.
Be sure to give it a try with your Hass avocados and let us know how you like it in the comments below!
Dairy Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 2 large or 4 small Hass avocados peeled, pitted and quartered
- ½ cup organic raw cacao powder
- ½ cup raw honey (local is best)
- 1/3 cup Cashew Milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Real salt
- Put all of the ingredients into your high-powered blender.
- Blend until everything is super smooth and creamy. You may need to blend, scrape the edges, then blend again. Keep repeating until you get the right consistency.
- Transfer your avocado chocolate mousse to a glass container and refrigerate for at least one hour, or until chilled.
- Serve as a healthy dessert, or snack. Feel free to top with a dollop of homemade vanilla coconut whipped cream!
- Your avocado chocolate mousse should stay fresh for 3-4 days in the fridge.