Learn how to make the best Black Bean Brownies to satisfy your chocolate cravings. This fudgy gluten free dessert recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients.
I have always had a weakness for brownies. Warm, fudgy chocolate melting in my mouth with each bite. Yum!
Since we try to make our favorite recipes more nutritious, I like making brownies with black beans. I know, it sounds weird. But the black beans give them a really great texture and you can’t even tell by looking at them that they’re loaded with beans.
These gluten free black bean brownies are flourless, super moist and chocolaty – yum! If you’re looking for the best black brownies, give this simple recipe a try.
Easy Black Bean Brownies Recipe
- 1 can black beans
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil - melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips - optional
- Mixing bowls
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the black beans into a large mixing bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, smash up the beans into a fine paste (you can also use a food processor).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, blend until all of the lumps are out and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the grain free black bean brownie batter into a greased baking pan (8×8 inch), sprinkling with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes, checking after 25 to make sure sides don't burn. Remove from oven and allow the pan to cool.
- Cut your black bean brownies into squares and serve.