Looking for some great Instant Pot bean recipes? Give these Refried Beans, 13 Bean Soup and Baked Beans recipes a try in your Instant Pot!
One of the reasons so many people turn to canned beans rather than cooking dried beans is because it takes so long to cook dried beans!
I have been trying to stay away from canned food more in an effort to avoid BPA (nearly all cans are lined with BPA). Fortunately for me, I recently discovered how easy it is to make beans in the Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot is the perfect way to cook beans because the above boiling temperatures break down the indigestible sugars in the beans. These sugars are the part of the bean that give you gas.
By breaking these sugars down, you also make this frugal protein source better for your body.
With the Instant Pot you can cook dry beans without the overnight soak or long boiling process, saving you time and money in the long run.
If you are still debating whether to buy an Instant Pot, do it! My Instant Pot has changed meal prep in our home, and this game changer will make it worth it for you too.
These Instant Pot bean recipes use a natural pressure release, which means you simply allow the Instant Pot to cool down on its own. You do not have to do anything special – just set the Instant Pot and forget about it.
The Instant Pot makes your life easier by eliminating your involvement, reducing the amount of dishes you have to wash and taking up less space in your kitchen than the 7 gadgets you would need in place of the Instant Pot.
Ready to get some great Instant Pot bean recipes to try?
Instant Pot Refried Beans Recipe
These refried beans come out the perfect texture every time thanks to the even cooking in the Instant Pot. You can double or triple this Instant Pot bean recipe for a larger quantity.
Instant Pot Refried BeansPrint
- Add beans, water, bay leaf and garlic into the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
- Use a natural pressure release.
- Move the beans and water to a large bowl.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute.
- Saute the onion and jalapeño in the olive oil, then add the sea salt.
- Dump the beans and water back into the Instant Pot, keeping it set on Saute.
- Mash and stir the beans and cook down until your refried beans are thickened.
Instant Pot 13 Bean Soup
Bean soup is a filling dish that reduces waste and saves money while feeding a crowed. If you can’t find a 13 bean soup mix, you can substitute any bean soup mix you have. I’ve gotten a great organic one at Costco.
Instant Pot 13 Bean SoupPrint
- Place beans in the Instant Pot with 3 cups of water on high pressure for 10 minutes using natural pressure release to hydrate and prep the dry ingredients.
- Rinse and drain the beans and place back into the Instant Pot with the ham bone.
- Cover with water and cook on the bean setting with a natural pressure release.
- Remove the ham bone and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on the soup setting for 20 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure and enjoy your delicious 13 bean soup.
Instant Pot Baked Beans Recipe
Summer barbecues will be upon us in no time. Baked beans are a summer staple and the Instant Pot can make pulling them together a breeze.
Instant Pot Baked BeansPrint
- Place the beans and 3 cups water into the Instant Pot, cooking on high pressure for 10 minutes, with a natural pressure release to soak and cook the beans at once.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then place them back into the Instant Pot.
- Cover the beans with water, then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on bean setting for 45 minutes with a natural pressure release.