Are you looking for the best healthy Instant Pot soup recipe? Our easy and flavorful Spicy Instant Pot Bean Soup can be made in one hour in your pressure cooker!
It’s so easy to make nourishing homemade soup in the Instant Pot. I often just toss whatever veggies and meat I have in there with some homemade chicken stock and spices – and that’s the soup we eat.
My Pressure Cooker Cauliflower Soup is a huge favorite (as is my Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli Soup), but I like to mix it up. We had a bunch of dried beans, so I decided to make a bean soup recipe. I made it spicy, but you can cut back on the spice level if you prefer.
I have had a lot of people ask if you really need to cook the beans for the full hour and if the no soak method really works. We have cooked this recipe many times and feel it turns out best when you cook the beans for a full hour in the pressure cooker without soaking them first.
For another great Instant Pot bean recipe, check out our Instant Pot Refried Beans recipe!
Easy Spicy Instant Pot Bean Soup
- 8 ounces red beans - dried
- 8 ounces dried pinto beans - dried
- 1 quart chicken stock - or vegetable broth
- 1 jalapeno - de-seeded and minced
- 1 serrano pepper - de-seeded and minced
- 1 white onion - diced
- 4 strips uncured bacon - diced
- 1/2 bundle fresh cilantro - thick stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Filtered water
- Wash the beans in a strainer until the water runs clear. Remove any pebbles.
- Place beans, onion, cilantro, peppers, and broth in your Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker), then stir until well combined.
- Add the bacon and garlic to the Instant Pot, then stir.
- Add all of the spices next, then stir well.
- Add the filtered water until it reaches the max level (marked on the Instant Pot inner pot).
- Set the Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker) on high pressure mode for 1 hour. Use natural pressure release (allow the pressure to on its own).
- Serve hot! Makes great leftovers too.