Are you looking for the best Instant Pot soup recipes? This homemade Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is delicious, creamy and easy to make!
One of my favorite things to make in my Instant Pot is, by far, soup. All sorts of soup. What would take hours to make on the stove takes mere minutes in the InstantPot. It’s pretty spectacular!
My entire family loves my Creamy Cauliflower Soup so much that I decided to share a variation with you – Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup with Chicken. Yum, yum, yum!
It’s super quick and easy to make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup with Chicken. And even if your kids are picky about vegetables, they’ll love them in this form! You can eat it as a meal in itself, or as a starter to a larger meal.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup with Chicken
- 1 head broccoli florets - chopped
- ¼ onion - minced or pureed
- 4 chicken drumsticks - fresh or frozen will work
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 2 cups chicken stock - or water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- Shredded cheese - optional garnish
- Instant Pot
- Meat thermometer
- Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot and give it all a good stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, put it into sealing mode and select the “Soup/Chili” setting for 12 minutes if using frozen chicken. Decrease the time to 7 minutes if using fresh chicken.
- When the cooking has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally. Open the Instant Pot, then check the chicken with a meat thermometer to make sure it has an internal temperature of at least 165° F. Discard the bones.
- Taste your Broccoli Cheese Soup and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Serve with an optional garnish of shredded cheese. A dollop of sour cream is nice too!