Learn how to make homemade chicken noodle soup from scratch in the Instant Pot. Using a pressure cooker is the best way to get an easy dinner on the table quick!
Chicken noodle soup is actually one of the easiest soups to make, especially if you always have homemade chicken stock on hand. And, if you’re really in a rush, this is the best chicken noodle soup recipe to make because it’s made in and Instant Pot.
It’s a super kid friendly meal full of foods most kids love – chicken, noodles and carrots. This recipe usually makes enough for us to have for dinner for two nights.
If you have a smaller family, you may be wondering if you can freeze this chicken noodle soup and the answer is yes, but only if you prepare the noodles separately. If you try to freeze a soup with gluten free noodles in it, they will usually turn to mush when you reheat.
Instant Pot Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 quarts homemade chicken stock
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8-12 carrots - sliced
- 6 ribs celery - sliced
- 1 onion - chopped
- 6 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 box gluten free noodles
- Add the olive oil to your Instant Pot on Sauté mode and heat until warm, then add carrots and stir until they start to change color.
- Add celery and onions, and continue to sauté until the onion starts to look translucent.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for about a 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken stock and spices, then add chicken breasts to the pot. Place the lid on your Instant Pot and cook on Soup mode for 10 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid from your Instant Pot and remove the chicken to shred.
- Turn your Instant Pot back on Saute mode, then add noodles and simmer until they're cooked (about 8 minutes). If you prefer, you can cook the noodles separately and add them as desired.
- Return the shredded chicken to the Instant Pot, stir to combine, then serve in soup bowls.