Are you looking for the best Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup to make for your family? Our recipe is full of flavor and it’s easy to prepare in only 45 minutes.
Seriously! I had been craving a nice, warm bowl of Potato Leek Soup for a while, but was intimidated by how long it could take. So I decided to experiment with making it in the Instant Pot – I’ll never make it another way again!
It’s smooth, creamy and absolutely delicious. And best of all, it only takes about 45 minutes to make it. If you’re looking for a delicious Instant Pot soup recipe, you’re going to love this Potato Leek Soup – it’s the best!
The Best Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - 1/2 stick
- 4 large leeks - white and light green sections thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 pounds white potatoes - peeled and chopped into 1/2″ cubes
- 3 pints homemade chicken stock
- 2-3 bay leaves - dried
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- fresh chives - thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Add the butter to your Instant Pot, then turn on Saute mode and allow the butter to melt.
- Once the butter is melted, add the leeks and garlic to the Instant Pot, and saute while stirring frequently until everything has softened. It usually takes 8-10 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken stock, white potatoes, bay leaves, fresh thyme, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, then turn on Soup mode for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally. Once the pressure has dissipated, remove the lid from the Instant Pot. Take the thyme stems and bay leaves out of the pan and discard.
- Use an immersion blender to puree your Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup. Once it's smooth, stir in heavy whipping cream and turn the Instant Pot back on Saute. Allow the soup to come to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly.
- If it's too thin, allow it too cook down a bit. If it's too thick, you can add more chicken stock or heavy whipping cream. Taste and adjust spices, if necessary. Serve garnished with chives.