Learn how to make the best Instant Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos with our easy method. This authentic Mexican beef recipe has been adapted from the grill for a pressure cooker and has been tested successfully many times.
The steak comes out so tender and flavorful, and it’s much more hands-off than standing in front of a grill. For maximum flavor, allow the skirt steak to marinate overnight in the fridge.
If you’re looking for more pressure cooker beef dinner recipes, try our popular Instant Pot Mongolian Beef & Broccoli Recipe!
Instant Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos Recipe
- 2 pounds skirt steak sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pico De Gallo
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onions for topping
- ½ cup fresh cilantro for topping
- 16 Corn tortillas
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, chopped garlic, salt, chile powder, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Place steak into bowl and let marinate, refrigerated for 3 hours.
- Once the steak if fully marinated, cut it into 1/4" pieces, reserving the marinade.
- Turn on your Instant Pot to Sauté mode.
- Add the olive oil and 1/2 cup of onions and saute for 2 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Turn off your Instant Pot.
- Add the steak to your Instant Pot along with the reserved marinade, close the lid and set to Meat/Stew mode.
- Adjusted the time down to 6 minutes.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Then you can release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, then transfer the steak to a bowl.
- Chop your cilantro, then mix with 1/4 cup of onions.
- Heat your corn tortillas, then add the steak and onion/cilantro combination along with some Pico de Gallo to each tortilla.
Nutrition Information Per Serving