Do you love carne asada? Learn how to make Instant Pot carne asada with a quick and easy method. It has a great flavor that’s perfect for street tacos!
Carne Asada is one of my favorite things to order at Mexican restaurants and taco shops. If cooked properly, it’s tender and full of flavor.
I decided to see if it was possible to make carne asada in the Instant Pot, and it is! I like making carne asada in the Instant Pot because I love making everything in one pot – and the lid keeps the mess contained.
The flavor and texture come out beyond amazing… it’s one of our family favorites!!!
Instant Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos
Quick & Easy Instant Pot Carne Asada Street Tacos
- 2 pounds skirt steak sliced into 1/4" pieces (preferably grassfed beef)
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pico De Gallo
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce (tamari)
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onions for topping
- fresh cilantro for topping
- 16 Corn tortillas
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, chopped garlic, salt, chile powder, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Place steak into bowl and let marinate, refrigerated for 3 hours.
- Once the steak if fully marinated, cut it into 1/4" pieces, reserving the marinade.
- Turn on your Instant Pot to Sauté mode.
- Add the avocado oil and 1/2 cup of onions and saute for 2 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Turn off your Instant Pot.
- Add the steak to your Instant Pot along with the reserved marinade, close the lid and set to Meat/Stew mode.
- Adjusted the time down to 6 minutes.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Then you can release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, then transfer the steak to a bowl.
- Chop your cilantro, then mix with 1/4 cup of onions.
- Heat your corn tortillas, then add the steak and onion/cilantro combination along with some Pico de Gallo to each tortilla.
- Enjoy your delicious meal!