Cilantro is one of my absolute favorite fresh herbs. It goes well in so many different types of cuisine, and it also has wonderful health benefits! I feel sorry for the people who think it tastes like soap!
Even the girls love it. Whenever I’m chopping up cilantro during dinner prep, little fingers always sneak their way to the cutting board for a taste. If I don’t stop them, they’ll eat the whole bunch! I also love adding to to my fresh juice.
This recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice is not only easy to make, it makes a yummy side dish with any number of meals! It would go well with chicken, fish or even as a side to Mexican food. Okay, now I’m getting hungry!
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons organic lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup fresh organic cilantro, minced
- Cucumber, sliced for garnish
- Place rice and water into a saucepan on high. Once the pot starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium and let it gently boil uncovered for 15-18 minutes. You will know the rice is done when you can see the steam holes on top of the rice. Remove the rice from heat and cover your saucepan with a lid, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- While you are waiting on the rice, prepare your cilantro, juice your lime and slice the cucumber.
- Combine the rice, lime juice and cilantro, then transfer to a serving dish. Garnish the dish with cucumbers.
If you prefer less sticky rice, add 1 tablespoon of butter to the rice before you add the fresh cilantro and lime juice.