Learn how to make the best Strawberry Spinach Salad with summer produce! This easy recipe is a simple side or serve with grilled chicken for a light lunch.
Strawberry Spinach Salad is one of my favorite salads to whip up on a warm summer day. The first time I saw strawberry spinach salad was at a grocery food store in San Diego.
I thought it was weird and wasn’t sure if I wanted to try it. However, my curiosity got the best of me, so I ordered some to go for lunch.
I was pleasantly surprised by how well the flavors of strawberries go with spinach and goat cheese. I have ordered the same salad many times since, and I love making my own salads at home as well.
This recipe for strawberry spinach salad is very easy to make at home, and it’s more affordable and you know what is going into your dressing.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup raspberry vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 2 ounces fresh crumbled goat cheese
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk your minced onion into the raspberry vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to make your vinaigrette.
- Chop the strawberries into bite sized pieces.
- In large bowl, mix the baby spinach with the strawberries.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds and crumbled goat cheese over the top of the spinach and strawberries.
- Right before you’re ready to serve the salad, drizzle the simple homemade dressing over the salad and toss gently.