These low carb pancakes are super easy to make and adhere to a keto diet. Gluten and grain free.
Low carb pancakes can really be hit or miss. I’ve never loved any of the pre-made mixes I’ve tried, so I created my own recipe.
If you’ve had banana pancakes, low carb pancakes use a similar method. Eggs are used as the binder, but cream cheese is used instead of bananas.
If you need a bit of sweetness to your breakfast, you can add a bit of stevia. Many people also add cinnamon and vanilla extract. These ingredients are all optional.
This recipe will make enough pancakes for 3 people to have 2 pancakes each. You can also make them, then refrigerate them and heat them up in the morning for breakfast by quickly warming them on a pan. Freeze them for longer term storage.
If you don’t feel up to making your own keto pancakes, you can also buy pancake mix on Amazon!
Low Carb Pancakes for the Ketogenic Diet
- 4 ounces cream cheese - organic preferred
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon powdered stevia
- Frying pan
- Put all of your ingredients except for the butter/butter into a blender, then blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the batter directly from the blender’s pitcher into your frying pan (that has been both pre-heated and greased with butter).
- Once bubbles appear evenly across your low carb pancake, flip and cook until the other side is cooked.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and transfer to a plate, then top your low carb pancakes with butter or ghee.