Are you looking for a low carb breakfast idea for St. Patrick’s Day? These Shamrock Fried Eggs are delicious, healthy and a lot of fun for St. Patty’s Day or any day of the year.
We make a big St. Patrick’s Day dinner every year, so I wanted to do something for breakfast this year. We eat very healthy normally, so I wanted to continue that over into this St. Patrick’s Day low carb breakfast idea.
I decided to make these Shamrock Fried Eggs. While I used green bell peppers for St. Patty’s Day, you can use any other color bell pepper as well. A colorful mix would be great for a spring brunch or Easter breakfast.
If your kids are normally averse to eating bell peppers, this low carb breakfast can be a fun way to introduce them! I find that kids are open to trying new things when they’re presented in a fun way.
I hope your family enjoys these Shamrock Fried Eggs as much as my family!
Low Carb Shamrock Eggs for St. Patrick's Day Breakfast
- Slice the bell peppers into rings that are about 3/4" thick, for a total of 4 rings per bell pepper.
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat.
- Place 4 of the bell pepper rings in the cast iron pan and turn once, after a minute.
- Crack an egg inside each bell pepper ring.
- Season the egg with sea salt, garlic and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the white is set and the yolk reaches your desired doneness. It should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the shamrock fried egg from the pan and serve while hot. I like to top mine with Cholula Green Pepper Sauce!
- Repeat with the remaining tablespoon of butter, 4 bell pepper rings and eggs.
- Now the whole family can enjoy a fun St. Patrick's Day low carb breakfast together that's fun and healthy.