St. Patrick’s Day breakfast can be fun and nutritious with these adorable Bell Pepper Eggs that look just like shamrocks! Or make them any day of the year for good luck.
My husband’s family is Irish, so we’ve always celebrated St. Patrick’s Day. When my kids were young, we started planning out a whole day of fun, including all 3 meals.
One of the breakfast ideas that we keep in rotation are Bell Pepper Eggs because they’re so easy to make and they taste great too. Plus, the kids have always thought they’re super fun to eat since they look like Shamrocks.
My favorite part of easy recipes like this is that you only need a few simple ingredients like sweet bell peppers and fresh eggs to make this tasty dish.
- By the Numbers: How to Make Bell Pepper Eggs
- Tips for Making Bell Pepper Eggs on St. Patrick’s Day
- Bell Pepper Eggs Recipe for St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast
- More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes and Crafts
- 2 green bell peppers
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cutting board
- Large cast-iron skillet or frying pan
By the Numbers: How to Make Bell Pepper Eggs
Follow these simple steps to make a fun and easy breakfast on St. Patrick’s Day.
Step 1: Slice Bell Peppers.
The first thing you want to do is slice the bell peppers into rings that are about 3/4″ thick. How many slices you get will depend on the size of your peppers.
Step 2: Cook Bell Pepper Slices.
Next, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet or frying pan. Lay out the bell pepper slices to cook in the butter and flip once, after about a minute.
Step 3: Crack Eggs Into Bell Peppers.
After the bell pepper is lightly cooked, you want to crack one egg into the center of the bell pepper rings. Season to taste with sea salt, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper.
Step 4: Cook Eggs.
Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover the pan with a lid and cook until the whites are set and the egg yolks reach your desired doneness. It should take around 3-5 minutes.
Step 5: Serve Bell Pepper Eggs.
Remove the bell pepper egg rings from the pan and serve while hot. Repeat until you’ve used all of your bell pepper slices.
Tips for Making Bell Pepper Eggs on St. Patrick’s Day
Answers to all of your questions about making adorable shamrock shaped eggs for breakfast on St. Patty’s Day.
1. Does the color of bell pepper matter?
No, you can use any color sweet peppers to make these tasty eggs for breakfast. Yellow bell peppers are fun to use during the summer because they look like the sun. It can be fun to use a combination of green and red peppers around the holidays too.
2. How to serve Bell Pepper Eggs?
I like to serve mine with either some sliced fruit or a side salad, depending on the time of day I’m making them. They also taste great on an English Muffins with melted Swiss cheese for a tasty breakfast sandwich. Or serve them in a weekend brunch spread.
3. Can they be cooked in the oven instead?
Yes, if you want an even more hands-off cooking method, try laying your Bell Pepper Egg Rings out on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 350˚ F for 8-10 minutes, or the eggs are cooked to your preference.
4. What else to serve on St. Patty’s Day?
If I’m not making these tasty bell pepper egg rings for breakfast on St. Patty’s Day, then I’m absolutely making Corned Beef Hash, which is my personal favorite.
5. More egg recipes for breakfast?
If you like learning new ways to enjoy eggs for breakfast, try my Instant Pot Egg Bites recipe. My whole family loves this easy egg recipe that can be made ahead of time.
6. Where to buy ingredients?
The super simple ingredients used in this recipe can be found at your local grocery store. I do most of my grocery shopping online these day with Misfits Market because I love the fact that I’m saving good ingredients from going to waste. They’re available in every state now, but if they’re not in your area yet, check out the list of other places I grocery shop online.
Bell Pepper Eggs Recipe for St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast
- Cutting Board
- Large skillet or frying pan
- Over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan. Fill your pan with bell pepper slices and turn once, after a minute.
- Crack one egg into the middle of each pepper ring, then season the egg to taste with a little bit of salt, pepper and garlic.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and place a lid on the pan and cook until the egg whites are set, and the yolks are cooked to your preference, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the bell pepper and egg rings from the pan and serve while hot topped with hot sauce and garnished with fresh parsley or green onions, if desired. Repeat until you’ve used all of your bell pepper slices.