This is the best air fryer pork chop recipe. It’s fast, easy, gluten free and so delicious. The coating is made from crushed almonds and Parmesan, making it low carb and keto friendly too. Below you’ll find a great recipe with a step-by-step instructional video and process photos of the air fryer pork chops.
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
- Beat egg in a bowl or on a shallow plate.
- Combine the almonds and Parmesan cheese on a separate bowl or plate.
- Dip pork chops in egg, and then coat them in the Parmesan and almond mixture, making sure to cover all sides.
- Place in the air fryer at 360° F for 7 minutes, then turn.
- Continue cooking at 360° F for another 7 -10 minutes.* Check the temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure they reach an internal temperature of at least 145° F and no more than 165° F.
- Remove pork chops from the air fryer and let rest on a plate for about 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Air Fryer Pork Chop Tips
Here are a couple of tips and tricks to help make sure you make the best air fryer pork chops ever.
Tip #1 Tested in 2 different air fryers
This air fryer pork chop recipe was tested in both Instant Pot Duo Crisp mode and a standard air fryer. The recipe works the same in both of them.
Tip #2 Best internal temperature for pork chops
It’s important to get pork chops cooked just right – to an internal temperature of at least 145° Fahrenheit. You don’t want to undercook them as undercooked pork can be dangerous to eat. And you don’t want to overcook pork as it can be tough as leather, so it’s best to try not to have the internal temperature above 165° F.
When pork chops are closer to 145° F, they’ll be slightly pink on the inside. When they’re cooked closer to 165° F they’ll be more white on the inside.
Tip #3 How thick should it be?
If your pork chop is too thin, it can shrivel and dry out… think, 1/2″ or thinner. If it’s too thick, it’ll have a hard time cooking all of the way through without the outside being tough and the inside being too rare. From my testing, a 3/4″ thick pork chop tends to cook the most evenly, creating the perfect pork chop.
I hope your family enjoys these air fryer pork chops as much as my family does.