Making chicken breasts in the Instant Pot is an easy way to get dinner on the table fast. With our simple recipe, you can easily customize the flavor of your chicken breasts to your family’s tastes.
Instant Pot Seasoned Chicken Breasts
- Instant Pot Steamer Rack
- Season the chicken in a mixing bowl with the sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Italian Seasoning or the spices of your choice. Be sure to get the chicken breasts evenly coated on all sides.
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place trivet or steamer basket in the Instant Pot.
- Add chicken to the trivet or steamer basket, making sure it's up out of the water.
- Close the lid, and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Set on high pressure for 6 minutes. Allow for a complete natural pressure release before removing the lid, which should take about 7 minutes.
- Serve your juicy Instant Pot Chicken breasts with your favorite side dishes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Tips
I recommend using boneless chicken breasts. I like to make sure the skin is removed and any excess fat is cut from them. And for consistent flavor and texture, I recommend using fresh or thawed rather than frozen chicken breasts.
Tip #1 Mix it up!!!
My bulk spice mix recipes are amazing. Try using 4 teaspoons of one of my favorite spice mixes instead of the blend in the recipe:
- Cajun Seasoning
- Paprika Chicken
- Jamaican Jerk
- Ranch Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Onion Soup
- Everything Bagel
- Poultry Seasoning
Tip #2 What if my breasts are bigger?
In this recipe, we used 6-ounce chicken breast halves. If you’re using larger chicken breasts, be sure to add a few minutes to the cooking time. If the breasts are super thick, I might consider butterflying them.
Tip #3 Brine the breasts!!!
Brine your breasts for 24 hours by putting them in the refrigerator in a covered bowl with 1/4 cup of sea salt dissolved in water. Before cooking the breasts, rinse them off under cold water then pat dry. This will make them taste amazing in the recipe as it will help tenderize them.
Tip #4 My breasts are very tough.
If brining your breasts doesn’t make them tender enough, you can always get a mallet out and beat your breasts until they’re tender. Sprinkling a small amount of salt over the breast while you’re beating them will help act as a meat tenderizer.
I hope your family enjoys this or any of the versions of my Instant Pot chicken breast recipe and the chicken breast tips serve you well.