Are you looking for the best side dish to bring to a pot luck or serve at Thanksgiving? This Bacon and Brussels Sprouts recipe has quickly become one of my family’s favorite side dishes!
I have always loved brussels sprouts, no matter how you prepare them. Fortunately, my kids love them too.
Some of my favorite appetizers and side dishes include bacon as a main flavoring ingredient. So I thought, why couldn’t bacon make one of my favorite veggies even better? And guess what, it does!
And that’s how this Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Recipe came to be one of our family’s favorite side dishes. It’s super simple to make too, so I put together this recipe so you can share the love with your family.
Bacon & Brussels Sprouts Side Dish
- Kitchen shears
- Frying pan
- Slotted spoon
- 2 plates covered in paper towels for draining
- Cutting Board
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the bacon strips in half lengthwise, then cut them into small pieces.
- Add them to a large frying pan, and cook over medium heat until crispy. It should take around 25 minutes. You want all of the fat cooked down.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon, and transfer to a paper towel lined plate, leaving the extra bacon grease in the pan.
- Quarter each of the brussels sprouts (you can chop them smaller if they sprouts are very large), then add them to the bacon grease in the pan and cook on medium high until they’re cooked through and starting to caramelize. It should take about 20 minutes.
- Once the brussels sprouts are cooked, transfer them to another paper towel lined plate to allow the excess grease to drain.
- Transfer the bacon and brussels sprouts to a serving bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.