Stuffed mushrooms of all kinds make the best vegetarian appetizers. This easy Caprese Stuffed Mushroom recipe is a deliciously healthy twist on the classic Italian salad.
I love my appetizers. Seriously. I can be perfectly happy making an entire meal out of appetizers and starters. My daughters and I have always called those our tea party meals.
We have recently gotten into making stuffed mushrooms, so I want to start sharing some of the recipes we love! If you love stuffed mushrooms as much as we do, you have to give our Cranberry Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms and Bacon & Pineapple Stuffed Portobello Mushroom recipes a try too.
This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite appetizers to order at an Italian restaurant. Since I love Caprese salad so much, I decided to stuff that delicious combination into a mushroom cap – it takes it to another level!
Make these Caprese Stuffed Mushrooms as an appetizer for your next party and your guests will be amazed. This Caprese Stuffed Mushroom recipe is a great appetizer or starter idea for any special occasion or dinner party.
You may also want to try our Caprese Skewers recipe for another finger food idea! If you love this easy Caprese Stuffed Mushrooms appetizer recipe, be sure to leave a rating.
Caprese Stuffed Mushroom Appetizer Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Cover a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (or parchment paper or aluminum foil), spread 3 tablespoons of oil over it then set aside.
- Remove the stems from your button mushrooms and make sure there is plenty of room for the caprese filling.
- In a small bowl, add in tomatoes, basil, olive, a pinch of sea salt and pepper and toss together. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Fill each button mushroom with 1 tablespoon of cheese and top with 2-4 tomato halves each.
- Place your stuffed mushrooms on your prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is a nice golden color. Serve your Caprese Stuffed Mushroom appetizers hot.