Are you looking for a delicious appetizer to bring to a party? These caprese & antipasto skewers are easy appetizers to make on short notice! And they’re delicious too!
I love appetizers for holiday parties because they’re easy to make, there isn’t as much clean up as with a full meal and there are lots of fun ideas! I love making warm, delicious appetizers, but sometimes you only have 30 minutes to prepare – and most of the time that’s not enough time to prep and bake!
One of the easiest ways to throw together fun appetizers for holiday parties is to use skewers or toothpicks to create bite sized treats! Take your favorite meal or salad and convert it to an appetizer! That’s exactly what I did with caprese salad and antipasto salad!
You can convert all sorts of yummy meals to skewer appetizers. We did the same thing with BLT Skewers recently! So yummy!
I hope you enjoy these easy appetizers as much as my family does!
Caprese Skewers Easy Appetizers Recipe
Caprese is one of my favorite salads. There is something just so awesome about how those flavors work together! To make it easier to eat at parties, I decided to turn it into a bite-sized appetizer!
- 12 ounces Marinated Mozzarella Fresca
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cut the mozzarella fresca balls in half.
- Wrap a large basil leaf around a grape tomato and a mozzarella ball half, with the flat side facing down.
- Stick a toothpick through the basil, tomato and mozzarella. Repeat until your plate is full.
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the caprese skewers and plate.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Antipasto Style Skewers Easy Appetizers Recipe
I grew up around the traditional antipasto salad in Italian restaurants. The ingredients are readily available and most people enjoy them.
So, keeping on the same Italian theme as the caprese, we also made antipasto style skewers so we’d have a choice. We went with green olives, red peppers and a white cheese, but you can vary the colors.
- 8 ounces Dry Salami Nuggets
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese - or provolone or mozzarella
- 48 Green olives - green or black works!
- 16 ounces Roasted red peppers slices - jarred, or another option is pepperoncinis
- Layer your ingredients: cheese, salami, peppers and olives.
- Stick a toothpick through them then arrange on a plate or platter.
- Repeat until your plate is full.