Learn how to make Creamy Maple Almond Butter Oatmeal for breakfast. This gluten and dairy free recipe is filling and easy to make.
Oatmeal has always been one of my favorite breakfasts. I have a few different combinations I enjoy. This is one of my favorites even though it takes longer to cook when you use coconut milk instead of water.
It’s warm, rich and creamy, making it a wonderful winter breakfast option. The almond butter ups the protein content, which is important to keep me feeling full for longer.
This recipe is for a single serving. If you want to make a larger batch, make sure to adjust the oats to liquid ratio according to the oatmeal package directions. If you simply double it, it’ll probably come out more liquidy.
Creamy Maple Almond Butter Oatmeal
- ½ cup gluten free oatmeal
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 2 medjool date - chopped
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and heat over medium, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until the oats are cooked to your desired consistency.