Have you tried Revuelto Gramajo? It’s a delicious mix of potatoes, eggs, cheese, peppers, onions and more delicious goodness from the Uruguyan and Argentine culture. We love it for breakfast, but you can enjoy it at any meal!
When we spent a year in Uruguay, there was a french fry shop downstairs from our apartment. They had some delicious dips for the fries, but they also had a dish that we’d never had before – Revuelto Gramajo. That was a favorite meal for me when I was pregnant!
If you like potatoes, bacon, eggs and cheese, you’ll love Revuelto Gramajo. It makes a great meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And it’s a meal even the kids will love! To make the meal quicker to prepare, you can purchase frozen french fries. It’s much quicker than cutting your own.
If you give our Revuelto Gramajo Recipe a try, let us know what you think by leaving a review!
- 16 ounces frozen french fries
- 8 ounces uncured bacon chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 white onion sliced
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh chives roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook the frozen french fries according to package directions, then set aside.
- While the hash browns are cooking, chop and grate the bell pepper, onion, chives, bacon and cheese.
- Saute the bacon, bell peppers, onions and garlic until the bacon is cooked through.
- While that's cooking, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt and pepper.
- When the bacon is cooked through, add the eggs and stir.
- Next, add the mozzarella cheese, then stir in.
- Add the chives, then keep stirring until the eggs are cooked.
- Stir in the French fries until everything is well combined.
- Top with additional chopped green onions and grated cheese, if desired. Enjoy a wonderful comfort meal with your family.