This is the best Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe you will find on the Internet. My recipe is a Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Copycat Recipe, but better.
This recipe can be served hot on the spot or cooked and stored for make ahead breakfasts. You can customize this recipe with your family’s favorite ingredients with the tips below.
I sincerely hope your family loves these egg bites as much as mine does. Happy Cooking!!!
Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese - grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup red bell pepper - minced
- ¼ cup shallots - or onions, minced
- ¼ cup cooked ham - or bacon, chopped
- Olive oil spray
- Cutting Board
- Cheese grater
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
- Silicone Egg Bites Mold
- Instant Pot Steamer Rack
- Instant Pot
- Add the eggs, ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese and sea salt to a blender, then pulse until well combined.
- Spray the silicone egg bites mold with olive oil so they're easier to remove. Divide the bell peppers, shallots and ham evenly among the cavities in your egg bite mold. There should be about 1 tablespoon of filling per egg bite.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the ingredients in your mold, leaving space for them to rise, then place the lid on the mold (if your mold doesn't have a lid, you can use foil to cover the top).
- Add one cup of water the the bottom of your Instant Pot pan. Transfer the covered egg bite mold into your Instant Pot with the trivet (do not place directly into the pot without a trivet).
- Seal the Instant Pot, then cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes for firmer egg bites or 12 minutes on Steam mode for a silkier, sous vide like texture. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then you may release the remaining pressure and open the lid.
- Remove the egg bite mold and trivet, allow to cool slightly then turn them out onto a cutting board or plate.
- Serve your Instant Pot Egg Bites warm or refrigerate for a maximum of 2-3 days to enjoy later.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Tips for Making Instant Pot Egg Bites
1. What can I substitute for ricotta cheese?
Cottage cheese will work if you don’t have ricotta. Without one of these two ingredients, your egg bites won’t be as fluffy. I always make these egg bites with leftover ricotta when I make lasagna.
2. Can I use a different, meat, veggie or cheese?
Absolutely! Any meat, cheese or veggie should work in place of the ones we used in the base recipe. If you don’t have shallots, regular or green onions work the same way!
We often like to use pepper jack in place of cheddar and I always use whatever leftover meat we have in the fridge (breakfast sausage is amazing!). If you’re on a specific diet like keto, you can easily customize the recipe to comply with the carb count too.
3. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can make a double batch if you have the stackable Instant Pot racks and 2 egg bite molds. I don’t recommend stacking 2 molds on top of each other without the stacking racks or they may not cook all the way through.
When cooking 2 pans of egg bites at once, add 2-3 minutes to your cook time as the top pan doesn’t always cook as hot as the bottom pan in the Instant Pot.
4. Is it okay to make multiple flavors in one mold?
Yes, you can put different variations in the same mold so you have a variety of flavors. This also allows you to create varieties that kids and adults will both like for quick breakfasts.
5. Can I cook them in the oven instead?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker, you can bake them in an oven safe silicone mold at 350° F for 20-25 minutes.
6. Best way to reheat egg bites?
We don’t use a microwave, so we just reheat ours in the air fryer. Cook on a low heat to keep the softer texture or on a higher heat for a crisper outside.
Be sure to share my Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe/ Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Copycat Recipe on social and Pin it to your favorite Instant Pot Board!!!