People love desserts that are out of the norm like this homemade gluten free Buttermilk Pie! It’s always a hit at Thanksgiving and Christmas!
I started baking this recipe for Homemade Buttermilk Pie when we lived in Uruguay, and it was always a big hit with everyone who tried it. If you’re having trouble imagining what a buttermilk pie would taste like, it has the flavor and texture of a yummy vanilla custard.
Best of all, it’s super easy to make and the ingredients are relatively affordable compared to some other pie recipes. It’s great served warm as a dessert and we would often eat a cold slice for breakfast!
If you’re looking for a new pie recipe idea for Thanksgiving this year, give my buttermilk pie recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Easy Homemade Buttermilk Pie
Easy Homemade Buttermilk PiePrint
- Preheat your oven to 325° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
- Add the melted butter and mix until incorporated.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla extract, then mix until combined.
- Dust your unbaked pie shell with a little bit of gluten free flour.
- Pour the buttermilk batter into your pie shell.
- Sprinkle a little more gluten free flour on top of your buttermilk batter.
- Bake the pie for about an hour, or until the custard is set.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and eat cold the next day.