Learn how to make the best Instant Pot Spanish Rice in this easy Mexican side dish recipe.
Spanish rice is the perfect side dish for most Mexican food meals. It’s not easy to get Spanish Rice right on the stove top, but it’s incredibly easy to make in the Instant Pot.
Every time we make Mexican food, I make this Instant Pot Spanish Rice recipe to go along with it. It’s so much more flavorful than plain white rice!
While it tastes best when you saute the green onions and minced garlic first, you can just toss everything in the Instant Pot and cook it if you’re in a hurry. It still turns out great that way.
This rice dish goes perfect with our Instant Pot Refried Beans as a side to any Mexican meal!
Instant Pot Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- 2 green onions - sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic - minced
- 2½ cups filtered water
- 1 cup tomatoes - chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro - packed; plus more for garnish
- ½ jalapeno - or serrano pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 cups rice - long grain preferred
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the Saute mode, and heat the pan up, then add the MCT oil to the pan.
- Saute the sliced green onions and minced garlic in the MCT oil in the Instant Pot on Saute mode for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Set your Instant Pot to Multi-grain mode for 10 minutes.
- Use natural pressure release, then fluff the Spanish Rice.
- When you serve the Spanish Rice, garnish with additional chopped cilantro, if desired.