Looking for an easy side dish to bring to a summer picnic? Learn how to make the best cold Creamy Broccoli Salad recipe with homemade Greek Yogurt dressing.
There’s something that’s just so much fun about getting a group of friends and family together to enjoy a day in nature together. Everyone brings a yummy dish to share and we just enjoy each others’ company.
In my house, we love our vegetables, so that means I make a lot of veggie based meals and side dishes. Different varieties of cole slaw like my Asian Slaw are often a go-to, but sometimes I like to mix it up.
This Creamy Broccoli Salad is one that is usually a huge hit at summer picnics. It has the perfect mix of flavors with just the right amount of sweetness.
If you’re looking for an side dish or salad recipe to bring to your next summer picnic, give this Creamy Broccoli Salad recipe a try. It includes a recipe for homemade Greek yogurt dressing!
Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 apple - any variety
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans - or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey - local and raw is best
- Sea salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Cutting Board
- In a small mixing bowl or pint-sized mason jar, combine the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey, sea salt and pepper. Adjust to taste and set aside.
- Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped apples, pecans and raisins to mixing bowl with broccoli.
- Toss with the raisins and pecans, then add 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing you made in step 1. Add more dressing as desired.
- This salad is great right away and the flavors will nicely intensify if left in the fridge for a couple of hours, so I recommend doing that if you have time.