Learn how to make this easy DIY Mojito Coconut Oil Bath Melts recipe. Great for moisturizing skin in the bath.
I love making DIY beauty goodies to use in my baths like bath bombs, bath soaks, bath sachets and coconut oil bath melts. Since it’s summer, I thought it would be really nice to soak in a tub that smells like mojito.
There is something that is just so refreshing about the combination of lime and mint together! And by combining those lovely scents with nourishing coconut oil, I can moisturize my skin at the very same time.
If you’re not using coconut oil to moisturize your skin in addition to cooking with it, you’re missing out!
DIY Mojito Coconut Oil Bath Melts
- If your coconut oil isn’t already in a liquid state, melt it on the stove in a small sauce pan – heating just until it’s melted. Remove from heat and stir in essential oils.
- Zest your lime.
- Place your silicone mold onto a cookie sheet to give it some stability, then sprinkle the lime zest into the bottom of each cavity of your silicone mold.
- Pour your coconut oil and essential oil mixture over the top of the zest, being careful not to overfill the cavities.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 45 minutes, or until the bath melts are solidified.
- Pop your bath melts out of the mold and transfer them to a large mason jar or other glass container.
- Store in the refrigerator to prevent melting, especially in the hot summer months.