This post was sponsored by Amazon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I have been an Amazon Prime member for about seven years now – wow! When we first moved up into the mountains, I realized it wasn’t going to be quite so easy to find some of our favorite conveniences locally.
Very quickly, I became a very savvy online shopper. We were placing multiple orders most weeks, so it just made since to become an Amazon Prime member when I learned about the program.
I’d order everything from diapers, to cleaning products, to beauty supplies, to technology from Amazon. They always had great prices and who could beat free 2-day shipping?
Even today, I place at least one order with Amazon every week and I love seeing my order show up on my porch 2 days later. So much better than having to drive down the mountain and battle the crowds!
We also use the Amazon Prime video service all the time. There are some great kids shows included, and lots of movies we like as well. It’s nice not to have to leave the house to rent a movie since we have what we need here already.
Amazon Prime has saved me so much time and money over the years. I feel pretty fortunate to have found it early on and learned how to use it to help my family.
However, I have talked to many moms who’ve said they simply can’t afford to pay for an Amazon Prime membership. Normally, it costs $10.99 per month, or $99 per year. I can see how that might be a hardship for some families.
So my heart was warmed when I read that Amazon was going to offer a discounted rate for Prime Membership to certain low-income families on government assistance. Instead of paying $10.99 per month, they will be able to access the service for $5.99 per month, with the ability to cancel anytime.
You need to have a valid Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card in order to qualify for the discounted membership rate. More ways to qualify for the discount will be added in the future. You may qualify every 12 months, a maximum of 4 times.
This membership includes unlimited fast, free shipping on more than 50 million items with Amazon’s low prices, as well as unlimited access to the following benefits at no additional cost:
- Prime Video: Unlimited access to tens of thousands of movies and TV shows
- Prime Music: More than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations
- Prime Photos: Unlimited photo storage to preserve family memories
- Prime Reading: A rotating selection of free e-books and magazines
- Audible Channels for Prime: Premium original podcasts, audio series and audiobooks exclusively from Audible
- Kindle First: A free pre-release e-book each month
- Twitch Prime: In-game loot on Twitch and 20 percent off pre-release digital games
- Early Access: Exclusive early access to select Lightning Deals
- Savings: Discounts on select products including 20 percent off diaper subscriptions
- Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery: One million products, order by noon and get them today in eligible zip codes
- Prime Now: Free two-hour delivery on tens of thousands of items in eligible zip codes
I can tell you from personal experience that Amazon Prime is a wonderful deal! I’m not using the Prime Music or Prime Reading benefits yet, so those are on my list to check out next.