There are plenty of ways for men to use essential oils too. Learn how to make the 10 best essential oil recipes for men in one place!
These days, it has become easy to find just about any kind of women’s beauty recipe online that uses essential oils, but what about essential oil recipes for men?
There are so many oils out there that have such great benefits and also have more masculine aromas, so here is a list of the top recipes for them.
All of these recipes make great gifts for guys in your life and are a really good way to get them introduced to essential oils if they have never really used them much.
The list not only includes personal care type recipes, but also more practical, household ones too.
Essential Oil Recipes for Men
1. Beard Balm.
Our beard balm recipe is easy to make and works amazingly well to smooth unruly beards.
2. Shaving Cream.
This DIY shaving cream uses soothing chamomile for a comfortable shave.
3. Shoe Deodorizer.
- Add 3 drops peppermint essential oil and 3 drops of your favorite citrus oil, such as orange or lemon to a few cotton balls or a thick paper towel
- Place the cotton balls or paper towels inside of shoes.
- If the shoes are worn daily, just do this overnight. Otherwise leave the cotton balls there until you wear them the next time.
5. Warm & Spicy Cologne Blend.
- 10 mL glass roller bottle
- 3 drops clove essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 drops Evergreen Dream essential oil (or copaiba)
- 8 drops bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- Fractionated coconut oil or other carrier oil
- First, add the essential oils to the roller bottle.
- Next, top off the roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil
- Place the roller ball top on the bottle, cap it and add a nice label.
6. Grease Removing and Polishing Spray.
- 20 drops melaleuca essential oil
- 25 drops lemon essential oil
- Distilled water
- 8 ounce glass spray bottle
- Add the essential oils to your glass spray bottle.
- Top off with distilled water.
- Use, along with a towel, to clean and polish surfaces such as chrome wheels, bumpers, handles, car batteries, etc.
7. Label & Tape Residue Remover
- Lemon essential oil
- Rag or sponge
- Apply a few drops of lemon essential oil to the area where the residue is and let it sit for about 5 minutes. The lemon oil breaks down the sticky residue as it sits there, so depending on how much is needing to be removed, you may need more time or a little more oil.
- Using a cloth or paper towel, wipe the surface clean. Repeat if necessary.
- 3/4 cup witch hazel
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 12 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 3 drops roman chamomile essential oil
- 5 drops geranium essential oil
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil
- 8 ounce glass spray bottle
- Pour the witch hazel, apple cider vinegar and essential oils into your spray bottle.
- Shake to combine.
- To use, shake the bottle to blend the ingredients and then spritz a little of the aftershave onto your face and gently pat.
9. Hair & Scalp Blend
Learn more about using essential oils for hair.
- 35 drops rosemary essential oil
- 20 drops basil essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense oil
- 16 drops lemon essential oil
- 13 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops geranium essential oil
- ½ cup of your favorite carrier oil, such as jojoba oil
- 4 ounce glass jar
- Place all ingredients in the glass jar, and stir or shake to combine.
- To use, shake well, then put some of the blend on your fingertips and massage into the scalp for several minutes. You can either use the whole thing in one setting, or use half in the morning and half at night. Cover the whole head.
Deodorant Blend Roller Bottle
- 12 drops clary sage essential oil
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil
- 15 drops lime essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops patchouli essential oil
- 8 drops roman chamomile essential oil
- Fractionated coconut oil
- 2 ounce glass spray bottle
- Add the essential oils to your glass spray bottle or roller bottle.
- Top off with fractionated coconut oil, cap and shake to combine.
- To use, shake well before using each use and apply to your underarm areas for a nice, musky scent.
After-Shower Massage Blend
- 9 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 16 drops bergamot essential oil
- 6 drops juniper berry essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 3 ounces coconut oil
- Small glass jar
- Add the essential oils to your glass dish or jar.
- Whisk in the coconut oil until it’s a creamy consistency.
- Apply as a massage lotion for a sensual and calming effect and to help relax and renew.