Last Updated on
Are you dealing with dry cracked heels again? Give this DIY natural heel balm recipe a try – it will soothe your dry cracked heels this winter!
Are you dealing with dry cracked heels? It’s super common for people to get dry cracked heels this time of year, and getting them to heal up is usually a challenge.
The first step is to exfoliate the dead skin using a homemade foot scrub. Then you’ll want to apply a natural heel balm to moisturize your skin.
I like to make this part of my bedtime routine. One of the reasons is because my recipe for homemade cracked Heel Balm is very rich and it takes quite a while to soak in. You won’t want to be walking around the house right after you apply it or you might find yourself slipping around a bit.
To get even more soothing for your dry cracked heels, it’s a good idea to put moisturizing socks on over the heel balm before you crawl into bed. They’ll keep you from getting your sheets oily and they’ll help concentrate the moisturizing power of this heel balm too!
DIY Cracked Heel Balm Recipe
- Combine the shea butter and coconut oil in a small pot over low heat.
- Once the shea butter and coconut oil are melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, add the essential oils and stir until well combined.
- Store your homemade heel balm in a glass jar with a lid. I like to use mason jars.
- If you live in a warm climate, be sure to store your heel balm in a cool place so it stays solid.