This DIY Heel Balm is an easy way to moisturize and soothe dry, cracked feet.
Are you dealing with dry or cracked heels? It’s super common for people to get dry cracked heels this time of year, and getting them to feel and look better is usually a challenge.
While you can buy cracked skin creams, making your own DIY heel balm is a very easy process and only requires three ingredients – shea butter, coconut oil and essential oils. This simple combination makes a wonderful home remedy for cracked heels.
I like to make applying foot moisturizer part of my bedtime routine. One of the reasons is because my recipe for homemade cracked Heel Balm is very rich and it takes quite a while to soak in. You won’t want to be walking around the house right after you apply it or you might find yourself slipping around a bit.
To get even more soothing for your dry cracked heels, it’s a good idea to put moisturizing socks on over the heel balm before you crawl into bed. They’ll keep you from getting your sheets oily and they’ll help concentrate the moisturizing power of this heel balm too!
How to Make a Natural Cracked Heel Balm
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shea butter
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops tea tree essential oil
- Small saucepan
- Combine the shea butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once the shea butter and coconut oil are melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, but not to re-harden.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, add the essential oils and stir until well combined.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely then transfer your homemade heel balm to a glass jar with a lid. I like to use mason jars.