Is your hair in need of a wash, but you’re short on time? Learn how to make and use the best DIY Dry Shampoo recipe for a quick and easy freshening.
Dry shampoo is a lifesaver on busy days when a shower isn’t an option. Hair tends to build up oils, which makes it look greasy and just plain unattractive!
No one wants oily hair, right? Well we also don’t want to wash our hair every day!
Here are a few reasons why we don’t want to shampoo our hair every day:
- Sometimes we’re just purely lazy
- Sometimes we have it styled a certain way and want to wear it the same the next day
- Washing your hair too much can strip your hair of the necessary oils it needs, making it very dry
You’ve probably seen dry shampoos popping up a lot more recently. Not only can buying all these dry shampoos to find the right one get expensive, but some of them purely don’t work or only help a little bit. Some may even make your hair look worse!
This DIY dry shampoo recipe absorbs all the unwanted oils right up and you only need a few inexpensive ingredients, so you have nothing to lose in giving it a try.
Easy DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe
- Glass spray bottle
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol
How to Make Dry Shampoo
- Pour all of the ingredients in your spray bottle through a funnel, then screw the cap on.
How to Use Dry Shampoo
- Spray directly onto oily parts of your hair, as needed. Work it in with your fingers and watch the oiliness disappear. Tip: It also helps if you run the blow dryer over the areas where you have sprayed (and goes for any dry shampoo). Being that this recipe is a spray, it is wet. Therefore, there is always a little bit of dampness still left, which could make your hair appear more oily. However, if you just simply run your blow dryer over it real quick, that problem is solved!